Camera & Photos Software - QA Lead
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Software and Services
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to Photos features like Memories and Curated Library, which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by leveraging computer vision and image processing through machine learning. Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people and we are looking for people who want to do the same. The Camera & Photos Quality team is looking for a hands-on QA Manager. You will lead and inspire a team of engineers who are responsible for the quality assurance and testing of our software across Camera and Photos functional areas. This is an outstanding opportunity to build a team from the start and help drive the quality of Camera & Photos across iOS and macOS.
- Extensive experience leading a team as a QA Manager or Lead
- Advanced proficiency with iOS, macOS, or other operating systems
- Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of SQA methodologies and practices
- Experience managing projects and processes cross-functionally
- Hands on experience testing and shipping applications across platforms
- Connect and build relationships with other Camera & Photos QA teams and Development teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management and other organizations within Apple
- Experience working remotely is a plus
We are looking for an ambitious leader with strong technical and social skills. You will be growing and managing a team of QA testers focussing on pre-submission black-box and automation triage, as well as new feature functional testing that impacts Camera and Photos. You will drive the testing, data gathering and project reporting for your team. You will partner on pre-submission testing with other Camera & Photos teams, build and leverage existing test plans and test cases, triage early automation results, monitor progress and perform sign-offs at key milestones. You will be flexible and able to bounce between varied tasks efficiently. You will expert as a hands-on tester, evaluating automation results, and working with remote teams to accomplish effective pre-submission test execution and results evaluation. You must have excellent communication skills to facilitate working with other team members in Cupertino. You will take initiative with your team and your partners to bring assignments to completion. Must possess skills necessary for working closely with engineering team during all aspects of the development process. In addition, this position requires someone who is ‘very detailed oriented’, can inspire and manage a team of talented individuals, and can work in a fast-paced testing environment. This position will require not only leading but also should be hands on and ready to work independently on other projects assigned.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel