Demand Generation Analyst
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. You will become a member of the Sales Finance team at Apple. With approx. 200 employees based across EMEIA this team works with the Sales function to provide outstanding business and financial support! Being a member of the Sales Finance team means focussing on the customer experience; when problem solving, stripping out what is not essential and focussing on what is; demanding the very best from yourself and the rest of the team; choosing the right path of action, identifying what is critical and letting go of what isn’t; working in a high performing team and connecting with others, asking for help when needed and going out of your way to help others succeed. In this role, you will be influencing and driving Apple’s demand generation initiatives across a variety of lines of business in EMEIA. The role requires working with both local and remote stakeholders, primarily but not uniquely a Finance audience. Activities include planning, forecasting, reporting and analysing demand generation activities.
- An ambitious, driven individual with excellent business partnering skills and analytical mind-set.
- Ability to articulate understanding of sales commercial business and offer solutions based advice to problems.
- Experience in consumer electronics, technology or FMCG sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with other European languages an advantage.
- Excellent systems skills including strong knowledge of Excel and Keynote. Experience with Essbase a plus
- Positive relationship building and communication skills, at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to synthesise large amounts of information and analysis into clear and insightful communication and output
- High standard of planning and organising skills
- Self-starter with experience of working as part of a high performing team in a high paced organisation and is comfortable managing ambiguity.
- Experience of business case formulation and external partner communications would be advantageous
- Dedicated, “Can Do” attitude, understanding that taking the initiative is important, sense of ownership and responsibility
- Willing to offer a point of view and professional judgement
- Customer-centric approach to business
- Ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to urgent requests for information
Support the demand generation activities from the financial standpoint, evaluating and approving business cases, enabling the construct of effective consumers offers, while running ongoing ROI analysis of the in-market activities and the impact on end-customers' demand. Drive the quarterly close and payment cycle for demand generation including preparation of contra revenue forecasts and accruals, reviewing analytical data-points and KPIs to quickly and insightfully assess current and future performance, and understand the accounting implications behind demand generation activities. Take ownership for deeper analysis when needed. Be a key interface into the worldwide sales finance teams, for contra revenue forecast and accrual deliverables, providing performance insight. Provide cross-functional leadership to improve, streamline and simplify processes, whilst ensuring that compliance and standardisation is retained throughout all the stages of the process flow. Review current quarter performance plans, identifying risks/opportunities vs. the plan/forecast - suggesting corrective actions where needed. Prepare and share regular status updates to various teams, including executive presentations. Support the delivery of the EMEIA demand generation post mortem reviews on a quarterly basis. Interpret and drill into variance analysis of sales performance and local market insights.
Education & Experience
Degree and/or MBA required with backing of professional accountancy qualification