Video Business Lead
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
We are seeking an outstanding and highly driven team player to join our Video International team. This team is part of Apple’s International services team, which represents all of Apple’s services (App Store, Music, News, Books, iCloud etc.) across all international markets. As the Video Business Lead you will be part of the team that drives business growth and performance across Apple’s Video initiatives. You will work across Apple TV+, Channels, the Transactional video store as well as all video content within the TV app including 3rd party integrated offers. The breadth of the role is varied and covers market analysis, performance analysis, commercial initiatives, partner management with a view to identifying key growth drivers. The role offers the opportunity to work on both tactical actions that drive our near-term business performance, and strategic initiatives that will define our future. An open mind, intellectual curiosity, analytical mindset, and an eagerness to problem-solve are crucial. The position is based in London and reports to Director, Video Services, International. Your role will be critical as Apple seeks to deliver on its ambitious growth objectives for Video.
- Possess a strong business and analytical background, preferably from a top consultancy related to telecom, media and technology,
- Demonstrate a natural aptitude for translating data into insights, and the ability to define and influence new strategies based on these insights.
- Deep understanding of the digital and mobile media and entertainment landscape and Apple’s role within it.
- Strong understanding of the video marketplace particularly in digital distribution and video streaming with a view of key trends and players.
- Comfortable with solving complex, cross-functional business problems whilst having a flair for understanding the solution for customers.
- Strong sense of the video rights landscape and distribution and experience in partner-facing commercial strategies and planning.
- You will also have sensitivity to, if not direct hands on experience in both video transactional as well as video subscription businesses.
- Flexible and adaptable to handle the varying demands of a fast paced company.
- You should have strong quantitative analysis skills as well as extraordinary written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Hands-on attitude and always paying attention to the finest of detail.
Market Intelligence: Point person for market and competitive intel, managing relationships with key video analysts and local teams to build central repository of video intel across international. Utilise this base to educate internally as well as bring this intelligence into cognitive thinking and decision making. Key Account Management: build and manage a structure across key video international accounts to support strategic growth initiatives and a One Apple approach. Market and initiatives prioritisation: Support and coordinate business development initiatives helping guide and prioritise focus and efforts with objective data-driven analysis. Transactional: Work closely with global and local teams to drive growth, tactical and strategic initiatives across TVOD and EST. Apply forensics to assess performance and gather drivers to deliver optimisation over time. Apple TV app: Support global and local teams in a take a data-led approach to understanding the performance and underlying drivers of Apple’s video services in order to optimise performance and drive growth. Strategic partner engagement: Lead business reviews and support negotiations with key partners
Education & Experience
University degree, MBA or Post-Graduate is a plus.
- Fluent English is required. Additional languages are valued.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- The position will remain open until 28 February 2020