Legal Counsel – EMEIA Commercial Team
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Just be ready to dream big! The people here at Apple do not just build products, they build the kind of wonder that revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Apple has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Transactional and Commercial Legal Counsel to join its Enterprise, Education, Health and C2C Legal team based in London in an extremely fast-paced environment. The Legal Counsel will join a talented, diverse and business-oriented group of lawyers that support Apple’s transactions and regulatory matters with MNE’s, SME’s and SOHO customers, carriers, retailers, health care providers, educational institutions, public sector organisations, software developers and SAAS providers across the EMEIA region. As an active member of the Legal Team and an integrated business partner, you will have the opportunity to be part of the success of some of the most ground-breaking products in the world.
- Demonstrated legal experience in a legal department of an international company or law firm with focus on commercial, technology, sales and distribution, ideally in the Telco, Retail or Consumer Electronics space.
- Business oriented, technology savvy and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of being a self-starter and being the primary point of contact for a range of issues arising in the region.
- Excellent drafting and communication skills: ability to speak-up, convince and confront ideas to get to the right decision. Capacity to communicate in clear and concise manner.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent at building strong working relationships.
- Flexible, hard-working, team orientated, working cross-functionally in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good judgement, curious, pays great attention to details and open-minded.
Provide legal advice to the Enterprise, Education, Health and Corporate-to-Consumer business teams on a variety of complex contracts, deals, programs and commercial projects across EMEIA.The Legal Counsel will be a strong and integrated business partner. - Draft, review and manage a wide range of legal documents: sales and distribution agreements, strategic partnership deals, commercial communications, program terms, promotion documentation, etc. - Exceptional negotiation, presentation and influencing skills. - Work cross functionally with other support functions (such as Finance, Contracts Management, Marketing, Government Affairs). - Thinking out of the box when creating solutions. - Develop and maintain precedents and policies in close collaboration with colleagues in-region and in the US and more generally contribute to the work of the EMEIA and WW legal teams.
Education & Experience
- Travel will be required.
- This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- The position will remain open until 28 February 2020.