App Store - Developer Support
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving more than half a billion customers every week. Since the App Store launched in 2008, it has changed the way we all live, enabling countless new companies, spawning new industries and creating millions of jobs. It’s also paid out over $100 billion to developers around the world, rewarding millions of developers for their hard work and creativity. But we believe we’re just getting started. We are seeking a hardworking, highly motivated individual to support App Store developers with Commerce related features. As a key member on App Store Commerce team, you will be responsible for supporting commerce related strategic projects and initiatives to improve developer experience, and guide developers towards best technical solutions. This role collaborates extensively with multi-functional teams like Engineering, Business Management, and Developer Relations. Areas of focus include app management, In App Purchase feature implementation, and developer support.
- Skilled at helping developers identify, navigate and overcome technical or systematic complexities to drive adoption of new technology
- Experience in related technical roles including; Application Support, SDLC, DevOps
- Experience in software development or software consulting and support
- Proficiency in problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and solving using different tools and techniques
- Ability to manage numerous projects, and work in a fast paced, pressured environment.
- SQL experience
- Previous iOS development and/or server development experience a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of e-commerce platform a plus
- Understand production and customer support processes and service levels related to developer and customer facing issues. - Work directly with developers to resolve technical issues - Manage technical and product issues and critical issues, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction - Internally, you will work as technical resource for a cross-functional group including Apple’s Developer Relations, Business Management, Product Marketing, App Store Engineering teams. - Attend project meetings for new features, as needed across time zones - Provide support to key developers involved in App Store launches as needed, building and then using positive relationships with said developers. - Solicit feedback from the local developer community and specific strategic developers. - Build product insights from developer experience/sentiments and work with cross-functional partners to take appropriate action - Support developers in the following areas: App Release, Sandbox, StoreKit, TestFlight, Discovery. - Travel:Candidate should expect to travel to California 1-2 times per year, with each trip lasting a minimum of one week. The timing of travel is essential and based on business needs.
Education & Experience
Computer Science degree or equivalent experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.