Senior Modeling Engineer
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining UK GPU design center means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking a Senior Graphics Modeling Engineer to deliver high-quality GPU functional and/or performance models to meet the needs of GPU hardware development. This includes writing models for functional development and verification of a GPU design, performance exploration, performance validation, and power estimation. You’ll be leading a team of modellers and will collaborate closely with the architecture team, hardware design team, verification team, and software teams.
- You will have multiple years of relevant experience including:
- Previous success owning modelling for a complex SOC block (GPU preferred) and leading a modelling team
- Expertise with a modelling language like SystemC and excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Good knowledge of graphics rendering algorithms and architectures
- Experience with scripting, DPI, (System)Verilog/VHDL, design verification methodology and tools a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate under bold schedules with a variety of teams
Build bit-accurate C/C++ models of the GPU architecture as well as develop performance models for analysing microarchitecture trade-offs. Work closely with our verification and software teams to identify bugs in the model and the hardware. Integrate performance and functional models, and undertake frequent analysis of the model's accuracy. Regularly communicate results and recommendations based on models, design and implement GPU level verification API and tools, contribute to the ongoing enhancement of the modelling infrastructure.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/BEng/MEng/PhD in related field.