Product Manager (Technical) - Content Discovery & Personalization
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
At Apple, we’re focused on building great products that are beautiful, innovative, and help our customers improve their quality of life. The Internet Software & Services (IS&S) team at Apple provides our global customers access to an incredible collection of amazing content and features across music, tv, movies, apps, books, news, and much more. We are looking for an expert Product Manager with a real passion for machine learning and signal driven approaches to media search and discovery to join Apple’s platform product team. We seek someone who understands media services, how content is consumed by customers and how it grows in popularity both at a global and personal level. The ideal candidate is oriented strongly towards experimentation, and above all, uses data and structured thinking to inform their approach. In this role, you will be a master at working across various parts of the company, and will partner closely with the engineering, product, privacy and analytics teams to build a roadmap of ideas all oriented towards ensuring our customers find the content that most resonates with them.
- You have at least 8+ years of experience in product management. Experience in a ML, recommendations or data driven features a plus
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You have an ability to see the big picture while working with a level of ambiguity.
- A self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
- You show an ability to lead impactful programs independently under concurrent deadlines.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills. Including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences and partners, including the ability to explain analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks in business terms.
- You have excellent presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization.
- You work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- You have a deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services(Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes, Apple Pay, Apple TV, etc.)
- Experience working with global teams a plus.
Lead a cross-functional team of engineers and program managers to implement new machine learning and signal based discovery platforms across music, tv, movies, books and podcasts. Working closely with privacy teams to ensure the privacy of our customers. Deep curiosity to identify key opportunities and ability to develop experiment driven proposals. Champion and gain consensus for the strategy and roadmap from partner teams through collaboration, documentation, and negotiation that effectively influences peers and senior management. Own and deliver on key measurable deliverables each quarter. Ability to travel several times a year. Clearly communicate strategy in a structured way to socialize your roadmap and report results. Stay on top of standard methodologies across the industry. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required, MBA/MSc preferred