Apple Cloud Services - Software Engineer (Swift)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Swift Server Platform team is responsible for building and maintaining a Swift-based platform powering mission-critical systems at Apple. This is a unique opportunity for a passionate software engineer to bring their deep expertise of backend systems and apply it to a nascent technology stack, helping shape the future of Swift as a server-side technology in the process. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
- Experience building and running large-scale backend systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong programming skills in in one or more of the following languages: Swift, Java, Rust, Go.
- Strong technical skills in one or more of the following areas: scalable system architecture, micro-services, distributed systems, container-orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Mesos).
- A deep commitment to software quality and technical excellence.
You will have significant responsibilities in building and improving a platform providing the underpinnings for running large-scale, mission-critical services in Swift. You will have the chance to influence the direction of the platform and collaborate with multi-functional teams across Apple to help define, implement, and deliver functionality to help build the next generation of Apple Cloud Services. Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, as well as, the ability to build relationships and collaborate across the company, working together with a disparate range of other teams. You will need to have a real passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with one or more major Cloud platforms.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies.
- Product-focused engineering.
- Experience with API design.
- Knowledge of CI/CD technologies.