Apple Media Products (AMP) - Marketing Engineering Project Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Media Products (AMP) is an exciting environment and dynamic development organization. With customers in 155 countries, we are a fast-growing marketplace for music, movies, TV shows, books - and, of course, apps. Successful Program Managers are responsible for shipping new features. We're looking for people with the ability to ship complex, customer-facing products under demanding timelines. This is a hands-on position where the Program Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, working with partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a requirement but you have to have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the products you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're prescient; and you ship products which millions of customers will use.
- Experience in software development project management
- A proven track record in the successful delivery of customer engagement focussed projects
- Strong technical proficiency
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- Self-starting, self-motivated, focused, and self-sufficient
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings)
- Experience working with a global team
Drive and ship large, multi-functional projects and feature areas Lead all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines and resource allocation Define business, functional, and reporting requirements (often writing them yourself) Take a role in improving how features are built and executed in the Apple Media Products organization Own overall multi-functional schedules, including Apple Media Products development, other Apple groups (client teams, device teams, other business teams), and backend reporting systems Collaborate with Design, Engineering, QA, Legal, Finance, Privacy, Anti-Fraud, Business Operations and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop and improve Apple Media Products’ suite of features.
Education & Experience
BS/BA Degree and/or MBA preferred