Music and Books Operations & Partner Relationship Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s software platforms provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, iTunes, Apple Books, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple is looking to drive the international Apple Music and Apple Books businesses to the next level. Be part of history by building and owning our technical partnerships with international Book Publishers, Music Labels, and internal business teams. This is a hands-on, external-facing position responsible for technical interactions with our partners and artists. In this role, you’ll become an authority on our partners' product offerings, complexities of the delivery process, catalog and metadata, along with Apple guidelines.
- Excellent technical and outward facing account management skills & experience.
- Understanding of business processes, delivery systems, and metadata standards.
- Detailed understanding of digital content distribution, and the systems and metadata required to support that distribution.
- Experience working closely with engineering or in a technical capacity.
- Experience leading support for products/systems.
- Demonstrate an organized and meticulous approach to work.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently and self-prioritize.
- Experience translating complex technical issues to a language non-technical, non-native English speakers understand.
- Analytical, inquisitive, and comfortable working with large data sets to form relevant conclusions.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Experience working within with European digital content partners.
- Excellent presentation skills with understanding of Keynote and related presentation technologies.
- Deep knowledge of the Book industry, Music labels and Artist experience.
- Understanding of ePub, ONIX, BISAC, THEMA, CLIL, XML, and DDEX standards.
You will act as an operations partner relationship manager, responsible for supporting the European market, based in London. Meet with key partners and suppliers, drive adoption of new Apple Music and Apple Books features, find opportunities for catalogue growth, diagnose issues and determine solutions, and most importantly — innovate. Engage with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot issues or develop specifications, product roadmaps and tool improvements. Strategize with Apple Music and Apple Books business teams to find opportunities and develop action plans for expanding Apple Books reach and growing the Apple Music subscription. Impact the publishing and music industry. The right candidate will also enjoy teaching others how to overcome technical challenges, has excellent problem-solving skills, and working cross functionality in both the Apple Music and Apple Books space
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and/or extensive years of professional relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in English required, and at least one additional language is desirable.
- This role is based in London.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace