Network Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering, EMEIA
Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here! Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will inspired. And you’ll be proud. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple’s Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) organization, we use technologies to help deliver the best user experience for our customers. We are looking to hire extraordinary individuals with superb communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work optimally across multiple business and technical teams, to join our Site Reliability Engineering team that delivers Apple services to all of its customers around the world. You should be a self starter, motivated, with a positive and flexible approach to problems and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, tight deadline delivery timeline. As a part of this dynamic team, you will help us build the Apple experience on a global scale! The successful candidate must have a back ground or understanding in two or more of the following; networking principles, network support, network scripting, overlay networks, operational experience in implementation, running of multi-site network environments.
- Experience with Cisco network product lines and technologies
- Experience with Python
- Experience with writing tests (eg. Unit, Integration and Function)
- Understanding of virtualization of networking infrastructure (Virtual routers, switches, firewalls, and cloud based solutions)
- Understanding of building and consuming REST web services
- Experience with concurrency and multi-threaded programming concepts
- Familiar with Git or other source control systems
- Understanding of IT operation and DevOps fundamentals
- Experience with SQL and/ or NoSQL databases (Postgres, Redis, Cassandra)
- Clear communication skills, both written and oral, deliverable to peer and senior management level experience.
- Outstanding documentation skills, attention to detail, ability to develop Proof of Concept plans and results
- DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- Experience with Ansible
- Understanding of CLOS infrastructure design
- Experience with Arista, Juniper, Palo Alto and White Box product lines and solutions
- Knowledge of JSON API 1,1 Standard
- Monitoring tool knowledge
- Writing API documentation
- Experience of object orientated programming
- Ticket management systems
- Change management process
- Flexible working
- Network automation
The position advertised is for a Site Reliability Engineer, based in EMEIA (United Kingdom) and responsible for the following: Operational support of network infrastructure solutions, implementation, and optimization Future design of next generation network infrastructure to ensure capabilities exceed that of the existing business requirements with a long term vision Work collaboratively with global engineering teams on innovating solutions Provide clear, concise documentation of any designs and solutions Evaluate new platforms and solutions via Proof of Concept, including full documentation or process and results Improve network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with Global Network Architects on network optimization Participate in the regional High Risk Change Request approval process. Be able to troubleshoot solutions as part of an escalation from Operational Support teams. Act as a problem or incident manager as appropriate Maintain existing regional and global standards, maintain and update standards as technology changes, and see that standards are enforced.
Education & Experience
Degree or equivalent experience in relevant IT discipline
- Must hold a valid passport and able to travel across EMEI(India)A and the US.