Technical Partner Manager, Apple TV App
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The new Apple TV app is all your TV. All in one app. Just the premium channels you want. Thousands of movies to buy or rent. Popular streaming services. The biggest TV providers. And original shows and movies from Apple TV+. It’s personalised and expertly curated, so you will discover the best of what’s on. And it’s all in one place. On all your screens. It’s simple — the new Apple TV app is the ultimate way to watch TV. The new Apple TV app is already available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV 4K, and Apple TV HD. And this fall, we’re bringing the Apple TV experience to Mac. It’s also coming to popular smart TVs, streaming boxes, and streaming sticks, starting with Samsung. Be a part of an exciting, growing team and help shape the future of video entertainment! This is a hands-on, external-facing position responsible for onboarding and managing our technical Apple TV app partner relationships, including public broadcasters, SVOD providers, MVPDs, and other industry-leading players. In this role, you’ll become an expert on our partners' product offering, on the Apple TV app, and how the two integrate. You’ll understand the complexities of streaming video services, catalog and availability metadata, and video encoding and asset preparation.
- Video metadata
- Streaming video services
- Video assets and asset workflow
- Digital content distribution
- Technical media partner management
- Streaming video playback authorisation and authentication
- Strong knowledge of video and film industry standard specifications and digital media workflows
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Analytical, inquisitive, and comfortable working with large data sets to form meaningful conclusions
- Desire to be part of a growing team and helping to establish a business from scratch
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple easy-to-understand terms for non-technical audiences
- Results-oriented, upbeat, and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed
- Passion for TV, film, and other video content
- Experience working with a diverse group of media partners
- Ability to work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
- Flexible and versatile in nature, able to take on challenges while maintaining a sense of humour
- Ability to work with changing and often ambiguous goals
- Excellent English language skills required, additional language skills a plus
- iOS development or scripting experience a plus
Driving, explaining, validating, and monitoring our partner integrations and strategic expansion initiatives; Diagnosing issues and identifying solutions with internal and external partners; Building relationships and consensus with video partners around the world and various internal Apple teams, including Business Development, Engineering, Editorial, Localisation, and more; Developing scalable processes for onboarding partners onto the Apple TV app platform; Tracking and reporting status of various projects with internal and external partners; Developing key KPIs, success criteria, and measures to feed that reporting; Collaborating with Apple Engineering on improving internal tools and resolving bugs.
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace