Business Development Manager - Wallet, Payments and Commerce (EMEIA) - Apple Media Products (AMP)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Pay is looking for a Business Development Manager to help drive strategic new payment services for Apple’s digital payments and commerce business. As our ideal candidate, you are dynamic, results-drive and enjoy a high-change environment that is focused on building the next generation of Apple’s payment experiences. This role will support the expansion and launch of new payment methods as well as partner management for Strategic Partners based in EMEIA markets to support purchase of Apple’s Media Products. As a member of the Wallet, Payments and Commerce Team, you will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive customer engagement and payment reach with a focus on EMEIA markets for the App Store, the iTunes Store, Apple Books and Apple Music by establishing and maintaining business relationships with global payment providers. You will be a lead ambassador responsible for communicating the Apple customer experience and approach to risk management to qualified business partners implementing payment solutions.
- Extensive business development experience in driving new payment methods and services within a mobile first organization, preferably within a payments organisation or major merchant.
- Experience in launching and customising payment services for local markets, working with global teams to articulate market-specific requirements and needs.
- Experience in managing complex partner relationships and negotiating contracts.
- Experience supporting partners through implementation and launch of products/solutions.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes ambiguous work environment.
- Self-starter and results oriented; demonstrated results building lasting relationships.
- Proven ability to assess business and client/partner needs, prioritize accordingly and escalate appropriately; success innovating, identifying and delivering new business, product, market opportunities with clients.
- Clear understanding of a great customer experience and what differentiates Apple.
- Highly skilled at communicating ideas and acquiring support.
- Strong analytical mindset and fierce attention to detail.
- Insight into customer payments, online commerce and/or digital products.
- Be the regional “go to” person for new payment methods and serviced rolled out across multiple EMEIA markets, ensuring success in new markets. - Negotiate and finalize contracts that align with technical implementations and Apple’s strategy. - Closely partner with cross functional colleagues to determine key business terms and drive contract negotiations with local payment providers. - Stay appraised of changing payments landscape to make certain that the global strategy is modified to meet local customer needs. - Maintain strong business relationships with payment providers ensuring ongoing excellence of implemented solution. - Ensure all production and customer support processes are implemented to guarantee timely customer resolutions. - Coordinate with local and global marketing and PR teams when launching new payment initiatives. - Monitor performance of implemented solutions to establish outstanding service for customers and to identify opportunities for partner improvements. - Identify suitable payment providers who can commit to delivering a best-in-class payments customer experience. - Drive implementation of payment solutions ensuring all product requirements are executed to Apple standards. - Develop new optimisation ideas, business, solutions, and market/vertical opportunities for Apple Wallet, Payments and Commerce Services with an eye towards key partners and scalability. - Develop strategy and tactics to drive substantive and measurable change in adoption rate, usage, penetration and scale through partners.
Education & Experience
BA/BS Required. Masters Degree a plus. Fluency in English and 1 or more additional European languages strongly desired.
- European travel required.