Business Development Manager - Wallet Services (Transit)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Pay is looking for a Business Development Manager to help define and enable new functionality for Wallet Services. As our ideal candidate, you are dynamic and enjoy a high-change environment that is focused on building the next generation of Apple Pay experiences. You will work cross functionally with Apple Pay and Apple Wallet project managers, Operations, Product Marketing as well as with transit operators, processors, terminal providers, banks and acquirers to help support the expansion of Apple’s Wallet services into multiple European markets. You'll identify new Wallet Services regional partners (including transit operators, terminal providers and system integrators), negotiate business terms and be the commercial “go to” person for the projects and relationships. In partnership with the delivery and engineering teams you will work with external partners and eco-system players to roll-out new Apple Wallet Services into new territories. As a successful candidate, you have an unbridled curiosity, you are comfortable with ambiguity, you enjoy thinking about edge cases, and you are a strong verbal and written communicator. You are a self-motivated and driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You love process flows and asking “what if?” to find and resolve issues before our customers do. You have a high level of professionalism, energy, and sense of urgency to “make things happen”. You can balance the needs of multiple teams and maintain a good sense of appreciation for your partners.
- Experience working on transit projects across multiple European markets
- Extensive business development experience in driving new features within a mobile first organization
- Have sharp commercial skills and product expertise, capable of supporting successful launches in large markets.
- Experience in managing sophisticated partner relationships
- Strong communication, interpersonal, collaboration, and organizational skills
- Flexibility to handle directional changes with the ability to juggle moving priorities and a portfolio of initiatives to ensure project success and drive impact
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment
- Self-starter and results oriented; proven results building symbiotic relationships
- Assess business and client/partner needs, prioritise accordingly and escalate appropriately; success innovating, identifying and delivering new business, product, market opportunities with clients
- Analytical problem solver and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- Experience in a start-up environment as well as a large Corporate desired
- Leverage and manage collaborative and impactful relationships with diverse portfolio of ecosystem providers to drive broad adoption of Apple Pay services and functionality. - Develop new insights, business, solutions, and market/vertical opportunities for Apple Pay and Wallet Services with an eye towards key partners and scalability. - Develop strategy and tactics to drive substantive and measurable change in adoption rate, usage, penetration and scale through partners. - Implement and utilise tools to provide pipeline visibility to demonstrate progress and facilitate decision making at all levels of the organization. - Help formulate and lead all aspects of the market requirements for supporting Apple Pay and Wallet services to new markets - Work closely with Product/Engineering, Transit operators, networks, issuers, processors and multi-functional teams to resolve issues that arise during solution definition or implementation. - Track, analyse and communicate key metrics that drive user engagement and activity in Wallet Services (especially Transit) on the platform
Education & Experience
BA/BS Required. Fluency in English and at least one other European language (French or Spanish a plus).