Apple Pay - Application Compliance Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple is seeking an outstanding Application Compliance Engineer to focus on the design and delivery of audit controls and processes within the Apple Pay team! This is a highly technical, hands-on role that needs experience and expertise in regulatory and compliance within financial services and banking sectors, managing controls in complex environments. We are looking for the successful candidate to be part of the software design and implementation, drive the implementation and testing of controls and audit requirements with internal and external business units. This position requires experience and working knowledge of a variety of modern audit, development, and operations tools in an enterprise environment. We are looking for someone to be strongly driven by learning new technologies. Your ownership of the audit and compliance processes will have you working hand-in-hand with engineering, infrastructure, compliance, legal and privacy teams to ensure the accurate and ongoing compliance of Apple Pay applications!
- Sound understanding of audit control creation and testing processes.
- Solid understanding of technical application and security architectures.
- Strong knowledge in FinTech industry, banking and its regulatory requirements.
- Experience with regulatory compliance controls in PCI, SOX, GDPR and other laws and regulation requirements.
- Able to audit controls at the technical level (access systems, pull samples, ensuring completeness).
- Experience with object oriented languages, such as Java or Python.
- Able to manage complex projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to learn quickly.
Particular responsibilities will include: • Work with application engineering, infrastructure, and corporate compliance teams to design and implement accurate controls. • Sample and test controls to ensure efficiency. • Identify and remediate control gaps and deficiencies. • Work with external auditing teams and business assurance to perform full audits. • Partner with external teams to gain acceptance of compliance-driven projects. • Foster a strong security and compliance culture throughout the team. • CISSP and CISA are not required but a plus. • Experience in mobile payments and online banking is a plus.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent, hands-on technology operations in large enterprise environments.
- • Knowledge and understanding of compliance and security and systems and detailed understanding of security principles and technical architectures.
- • Significant experience working with large (the “Big 4”) external auditing firms.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.