Apple Media Products (AMP) - Software Engineer - Data Engineering
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
First, iTunes revolutionised how we listen to music and then our App Store ignited a cultural, social and economic phenomenon that changed how people work, play, meet, travel and so much more. Today Apple and the team behind the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, and many other high profile products continues to push the boundaries of innovation. Now imagine what you could do here? With your passion and dedication to engineering there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our Data Engineering team is looking for hardworking, performance-savvy, engineers to build out the big data platform and services which power many of these customer features — existing and new.
- Proven experience in crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable data systems and services in Scala and Java
- Experience in Hadoop/Spark
- Strong data analytics capability and the ability to utilise multiple databases and data analytics techniques
- Experience of ETL and data cleansing
- The ability to clearly present and explain the results of data analytic exercises
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with and collaboratively with others
- Able to capture cross-functional requirements and translate them into practical engineering tasks
This is your opportunity to help engineer highly visible global-scale systems with petabytes of data, supporting hundreds of millions of users. Successful candidates will have strong engineering and communication skills, as well as, a belief that data driven processes lead to phenomenal products. You will need to have a real passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems. This role includes elements both of ad hoc analysis as well as roll up of production grade data feeds. This role also includes an essential thread of data privacy and security. This is a rare opportunity to join a focused team and work collaboratively with other groups to make a significant impact.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or meaningful career experience
- Experience of Hadoop-ecosystem technologies in particular Spark SQL Data-modelling and data-architecture optimised for big data patterns (warehousing concepts; efficient storage and query of HDFS; data security and privacy techniques) CRM systems and concepts