Developer Relations Intern
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple seeks a creative and dedicated individual to join our Evangelism team as a Graphics and Games Technology Evangelist. As an Intern in this team, you will work closely with top developers to help them understand how to prototype and build modern, state-of-the-art apps and games on Apple platforms! To qualify for this role, you should possess a passion for graphics and games and demonstrate aptitude with app development. This role offers the chance of a lifetime to directly impact the architecture of apps and games enjoyed by people every single day around the world. In this role, you’ll help developers use the comprehensive set of platform frameworks, accurately architect their code to take advantage of the latest improvements and newest APIs, and build optimised, high-performance software.
- Good understanding of technology and software development.
- Ability to design intuitive user interfaces and optimise user experience, in line with Apple’s HIG and design patterns.
- Experience with coding techniques and standard methodologies for energy saving, performance optimisation, security, accessibility and localisation.
- Ability to build positive relationships to effectively communicate Apple’s platform message and benefits to developers.
- Phenomenal listener with the ability to rapidly understand the other party’s needs and evaluate a range of solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners.
- Experience in Objective-C, Swift or other programming languages.
- Experience with graphics and rendering technologies such as OpenGL for Metal.
- A real passion for Game development.
- Managing and developing relationships within the developer community. - Working one-on-one with 3rd party software development teams to ensure the products they are building are outstanding or next-gen apps, through UI/UX reviews and technology audits. - Driving adoption of Apple technologies and frameworks by identifying opportunities for each 3rd party. - Supporting developer technology adoption requirements, through efficient working with cross-functional teams at Apple. - Staying ahead of trends, UI design topics, the latest guidelines and technologies.
Education & Experience
Degree in computer science/maths/physics (or equivalent work experience).
- HOW TO APPLY:
- Please complete the below task ASAP (no later than 9th September 2020) in 300 words or less (in total) and attach as ‘Cover Letter’ document using Pages, Word, PDF, etc:
- 1. Why are you interested in the Developer Relations Internship?
- 2. What has Apple done that has most interested you in the past 2 years?
- 3. What is most exciting about the future of Apple’s role in the world of Technology?
- 4. What are your view on how application developers are using technology such as smartphones and tablets to innovate?
- 5. How did you hear about this role?
- 6. Do you currently have the Right To Work in the UK? Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor a visa or international relocation at this level.