Apple Cloud Infrastructure - Customer Support Engineer (Distributed Systems)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Experience in supporting highly scalable applications and web services.
- Hands-on experience with open-source technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Comfortable working with a very technical customer base
- Comfortable providing a wide range of support, from simple issue resolution to end-to-end on-boarding.
- Strong familiarity with modern server technologies and architectures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical capabilities.
- Passionate about Technical Support.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience with troubleshooting.
Do you love supporting highly scalable, distributed services and platforms? Would you want to support Services that have a far-reaching impact and are operating on an exceptionally large scale? Do you thrive in an environment where you help build, define and refine the tools you will need to scale (automations, integrations, support systems and data repositories)? Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day to day basis? Do you want to work with some of the world’s most discerning customers? If this sounds like you to all of the above questions, then Apple Cloud Infrastructure needs you! We are looking for an upbeat Support engineer to provide support for critical Web services that are a key part of the Apple’s internal ecosystem. This role is about successfully supporting customers of Apple’s internal IaaS. The successful candidate will be able to provide a wide range of services from “White glove” on-boarding to crafting informative posts on the community support platform, and everything in between. Additionally, the candidate will actively participate in the development of the support tools and process, so we are looking for someone who has the maturity to understand what it takes to scale in services.
Education & Experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent proven experience.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.