Systems Software Engineer, Platform Architecture – Graduate
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you can do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we can accomplish together. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Can you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? At Apple, our Platform Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system. Join this team, and you’ll collaborate with engineers across Apple to build and deploy forward-looking prototype systems that contribute to the development of our world renowned hardware ad software architecture. This team helps ensure that every product we make performs exactly as intended. Together, our work will be the reason millions of customers feel they can trust their devices every single day.
- Undergraduate in the last year or postgraduate of a MSCS or MSEE Degree or equivalent
- Excellent programming and scripting skills - preferably in C++/C/Assembly and Python
- Deep interest in hardware and hardware/software interfaces
- Knowledge of system programming (OS/kernel) and compilers
- Knowledge of ARM and/or X86 architectures a plus.
Apple’s Platform Architecture group is seeking a graduate systems engineer who will help bridge the gap between Software and Hardware, influencing performance improvements, power efficiency, security, and the programming ease of Apple products. - Prototype and analyse architecture and operating system proposals. - Work closely with cross-functional teams across product groups. - Interface OS kernel and drivers with processor & SoC models. - Promote new opportunities and techniques with other groups.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your final year of your BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD from a reputable university.
- Some international travel required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.