Carrier Account Manager
Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The Carrier Account Manager provides the key interface between our external carrier partner device teams and Apple’s internal engineering teams to facilitate the testing and validation of new hardware and software introduction and key infrastructure projects with carriers. Your role will be to project manage the test and validation cycles and ensure that all issues are prioritised, tracked and reported appropriately within Apple. This role requires the post holder to be highly knowledgeable in wireless technologies ( WCDMA,LTE, IMS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) as you will be discussing the capabilities and limitations of devices. You will need to demonstrate excellent relationship building and project management skills as you will be setting expectations and leading technical discussions with our Carrier partners.
- Proven experience in managing the end to end device certification process
- Program/project management experience delivering complex technical projects
- Proactive and be able to drive relationships with carriers/vendors
- Ability to build relationships cross functionally with both internal and external teams
- Solid planning and communication skills
- Experience with protocol stack features, preferably for GSM/EDGE, WCDMA, LTE
- Familiar with Carrier network features, current deployments and future wireless trends
You will need detailed technical knowledge of wireless standards to understand, prioritise issues found during certification test and drive these to resolution. The role includes the following duties: Support and drive the carrier approval of wireless devices Report project status, prioritise tasks, escalate to senior management Analyse network features and operator requirements and provide feedback to engineering and marketing with regard to complexities and capability
Education & Experience
Degree in EE/CE or equivalent preferred
- This role will require occasional international travel
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace