Beats 1- Broadcast Systems Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Beats 1 Radio and the Apple Music production engineering team manages the production technology behind making some of the world’s greatest music-focused original content. This includes audio, video, editorial, and live broadcasting technology. We’re looking for an experienced audio/video systems engineer to enhance our production operations.
- You will have extensive experience with a wide range of broadcast systems, audio/video distribution, intercom systems, plugins, microphones etc.
- You have experience with audio over IP transport systems (e.g. Dante, Ravenna)
- You have knowledge of video capture, play out, and switching systems.
- You have experience using DAWs, NLEs, and other production software suites.
- You have experience with live audio/video encoding and streaming technologies, associated hardware and services (Elemental encoders, HLS implementation, etc.)
- You have experience with MacOS administration and configuration profiles.
- You are familiar with linux, command line administration, bash scripting.
- Familiarity with web development concepts - HTML, CSS, Java, Python etc. desirable
- Familiarity with LDAP and OD access protocols desirable
- Experience with enterprise asset management systems, pre and post-production workflows, and file delivery technologies desirable.
- You have a deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (MacOS, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV.)
- You have a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- You have excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
- You are skilled at troubleshooting calmly and effectively, under pressure.
- You are flexible in approach to an ever-changing set of tasks and challenges
- You are willing and able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- You have the ability to travel for remote broadcasts and recordings as required.
System design for all aspects of our audio and video production, from capture, post-production workflows, and delivery/broadcast. Regular maintenance of broadcast/streaming, audio, and video production technology. Production system deployment, management, and maintenance. R&D new technologies and tools that can be used to enhance our production quality and efficiency. Interfacing with both internal and external partners, and align on audio and video production requirements. Assist with the design, installation, and maintenance of all audio and video production equipment property-wide. Coordinate and assist with off-site broadcast events, productions, and more. Setup and assistance of recording sessions, live broadcasts as required by manager.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
- Extensive relevant work experience.