Apple Cloud Services - Site Reliability Engineering Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple’s Cloud Service Infrastructure team as a site reliability engineer to help support and scale cloud services for thousands of development and operations engineers. This is a hands-on role to establish SRE practices for a private cloud service to accelerate our ability to reliably and consistently deliver thousands of applications.
- Must be an expert in container technology with in-depth professional experience working with Kubernetes.
- Experience with Prometheus, Alert Manager, Grafana.
- Expert knowledge of the Linux operation system and its variations.
- Proficient in golang.
- Able to solve issues across the entire software stack.
- Recent experience with numerous production clusters.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for providing the platform for mission critical cloud systems to maintain constant uptime, scale seamlessly, and allow for new applications and services to flourish. The successful candidate will be highly ambitious with a passion for excellence, quality and detail. The SRE will not only support operations, but also work closely with the developers and architects within the team to aid in the design and assist with the implementation to improve stability, security and scalability.
Education & Experience
• Technical (Engineering or Computer Science) BS/MS degree or equivalent work experience.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.