Apple Pay - iOS Engineer (Wallet)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The Wallet engineering team is looking for proactive, and hardworking software developers to join our growing team! Wallet allows you to collect your boarding passes, movie tickets, coupons, and more, all in one place. It’s also the home for Apple Pay, the easiest and most convenient way to pay in stores, apps, and on the web. The Wallet team has been hard at work, creating ground-breaking experiences with Apple Cash and Apple Card, and we’ve revolutionized how our customers ride public transit in cities around the world, including London, New York, and Tokyo. Join us and work on an exciting roadmap of features that change the everyday lives of people around the world.
- Strong programming skills, preferably with C, Objective-C and/or C++.
- User-interface programming experience.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Passion for product quality and attention to detail.
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles, tight schedules.
- Excellent understanding of optimization and performance issues across OS software layers.
As an engineer on our team, your responsibilities will range from high-level user interfaces, to writing background processing and networking code, to developing frameworks used by other teams at Apple and third party developers. You'll be responsible for maintaining and improving existing features and implementing new and innovative ideas for the future. You will also be responsible for delivering the best possible application performance including fast launch times and smooth scrolling. We work closely with the other iOS engineering teams, human interface designers, diverse groups across Apple, and our partners at other companies. Our goals are simple but the task is large; build the most amazing products in the world that our customers will love. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • iOS programming experience. • CoreAnimation experience. • Familiarity with NFC, iBeacon, and related technologies. • Understanding of security, digital signatures, and PKI. • Advanced performance analysis including Instruments and DTrace.
Education & Experience
• BS Computer Science or equivalent.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.