Engineer Program Manager - Cloud Services
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple is seeking an experienced program manager to join the Cloud Services (ACS) organization. This exciting organization is focused on providing services across Apple and possibly beyond! This position requires technical curiosity, business sense in addition to project management skills. The project manager will be responsible for leading and communicating schedule and risks in the development of new products. The EPM must be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as the "big" picture. We are looking for someone who can balance resets and changes and respond quickly, without being discouraged. ABOUT YOU: You are an ambitious individual who is proactive and able to work under minimal supervision at a detailed levels while taking account of interdependencies at higher levels. Can you coordinate multiple projects across multiple locations? We need someone with excellent written and interpersonal skills who pays attention to the details and is highly organized. You have experience running a complex set of software deliverables with many interdependencies and have a successful track record being a great partner within teams and across organizations in engineering, design, and leadership. You have excellent communication, organization and leadership skills as this is meaningful in our complex environment. Are you ready!
- - Proven project and/or program management experience
- - Familiar with rapid software and server based software development cycles
- - Consistent record in defining processes and executing on them
- - Experience as a project lead, supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- - Shown ability to meet deadlines and schedule constraints
- - Outstanding presentation skills both in person and in multi-location meetings
- - Familiarity with Scrum Processes a plus
Autonomously lead projects of varying scale and complexity with cross-functional development teams with only consultative direction from leadership. You will review business requirements, ensure clarity and establish expectations for services requested while developing and executing project plans, defining scope, schedule, deliverables, resources and budgets. You will prioritize team activities and drive resolution of issues across all areas of the project while communicating project status and issues to team members, leadership and other project partners. You will facilitate focused concise status meetings. You will advise and carry out risk assessment and mitigation plans as needed. Execution is critical so you will coordinate releases and schedules with cross-functional organizations and teams while continuously working to improve the software development lifecycle process within the team. You will represent the engineering teams with other internal and external organizations within Apple.
Education & Experience
BS Degree in computer science or a related field is a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.