Senior Business Development & Planning Manager, International Media Services
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
We are seeking an exceptional, energetic and experienced team leader to join our Business Development & Planning team and lead the function for Digital Media Services. The Business Development & Planning team is part of Apple’s International services team, which covers the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes Music and Movies, Apple TV+, Apple Books, Apple News, Apple Podcasts, and iCloud businesses, across all international markets. As the leader for Business Development & Planning for Digital Media Services, you will serve as the key point of contact and advisor to our business and commercial leaders in the US and in International. The breadth of the role is varied and covers business planning & strategy, Strategic & Commercial initiatives, business performance reviews and reporting, and market & competitive insights. The role offers the opportunity to work on both tactical actions that drive our near-term business performance, and strategic initiatives that will define our future. An open mind, intellectual curiosity, analytical mindset, and an eagerness to problem-solve are crucial. You will build, coach and lead a team of talented, driven and analytical individuals to support our services leaders to make decisions that drive business growth and performance. The role is based in London and reports to the Head of Business Strategy & Planning for International Digital Media Services, Anna Tsang. Your role will be critical as Apple seeks to deliver on its ambitious growth objectives for Services.
- You should have the capability and matching professional experience to lead, motivate and develop a talented and driven team.
- You will possess a strong business and analysis background, preferably from a top consultancy related to telecom, media and technology, and/or in-house in a strategy or business planning role at a leading related company.
- You should have a natural aptitude for translating data into insights, and the ability to define and influence new strategies based on these insights.
- You will have a deep understanding of the digital and mobile media and entertainment landscape and Apple’s role within it.
- You should have the ability to solve complex, cross-functional business problems while dealing with challenging deadlines and opposing priorities.
- You will be flexible and adaptable to manage the varying demands of a fast moving business.
- You should have strong quantitative analysis skills and proficiency in spreadsheet applications.
- You will have exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- You embrace having a hands-on attitude and always pays attention to the finest of detail.
Strategy and planning: Partner with global and regional leadership teams to define ambition levels, set priorities, shape business plans, and provide recommendations on how to grow each region’s portfolio of services. Strategic & commercial initiatives: Identify, analyse and prioritise business opportunities and initiatives including but not limited to new products, new features, new business models and new pricing. Business performance reviews & reporting: Take a data-led approach to understand the performance and underlying drivers of Apple’s services businesses, and lead business reporting for International to the global and International senior leadership team. Market & competitive insights: Support regional leadership teams on understanding market trends and the local competitive landscape and dynamics.
Education & Experience
University degree, MBA or Post-Graduate is a plus. Extensive relevant experience in consultancy or strategy roles with a TMT focus. A thorough understanding of the digital content space, entertainment industry structures and business models including subscriptions A proven successful project management track record.
- Fluent English is required. Additional languages are valued.
- This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- The position will remain open until 10 July 2020.