AI/ML - ML Engineer (NLP), Siri Search & Knowledge Platform
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
Do you like building radically better solutions to real world problems? Apple products and Siri work together beautifully to create amazing experiences. Through groundbreaking innovation, Siri is always learning how to do more. We are a team of engineers and research scientists working on a new and fundamentally different way of building Machine Learning systems. Join the Siri Knowledge (ML) team and make a positive impact on hundreds of millions of people interacting with Apple products around the world.
- Expertise in machine learning and natural language processing, especially question answering, information extraction, deep learning, semi-supervised learning, active learning, etc.
- Excellent programming skills in one or more of the following: Python, Go, C++, Java
- Comfortable using ML libraries such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Cafe, etc.
- Strong data science / data mining skills, with knowledge of SQL, Spark or other data processing frameworks.
- Contributions to research communities, e.g. ACL, NIPS, ICML, CVPR, etc.
Our goal is to take smart assistants to the next level through the development of cutting edge techniques in machine learning, question answering, information extraction and related areas. On our team you will perform opportunity analysis, identify algorithmic weaknesses/strengths, develop innovative solutions, measure the impact of changes, etc. always leveraging large amounts of automatically- and human-generated training data. You'll be working at the frontier of AI, crunching massive amounts of data from Siri's knowledge base. In a fast-paced, continuously-integrated environment, you'll design and implement robust, scalable systems capable of processing an ever-growing data set while keeping latency low and quality high. You'll work closely with knowledge extraction engineers to integrate new data, and with engineers from across Siri to deliver high quality answers for customer-facing services. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in Computer Science, with a specialization in ML, NLP, Software Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction or related fields, or equivalent experience
- - Natural Language and Machine Learning experience is a plus Bilingual or multilingual preferred.