Apple Cloud Services - Software Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Passion for development.
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable applications.
- Comfortable working with Object Oriented programming techniques.
- Familiarity with modern server technologies (e.g., non-blocking IO, distributed systems, etc.).
- Knowledge or real desire to work in an agile environment (pairing, TDD, CI/CD, etc…)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical capabilities.
Do you love crafting & architecting highly scalable, distributed web services? Would you want to work on exabyte scale systems? Did you ever wonder if Long.MAX_VALUE was big enough? Have you ever wondered what great software you could write in rust? Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day to day basis? Do you want to work for one of the world’s largest data processing environment? Do you believe neither HDFS or NFS are enough for some needs? If you answered yes to all of the above questions, then we want to talk with you! We are looking for an upbeat engineer to develop a critical infrastructure component that is to be a key part of the Apple ecosystem. Work involves crafting and coding this new system, making sure that it is absolutely rock solid.
Education & Experience
• Degree in Computer Science, a related field or meaningful proven experience.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.