Technical Relationship Manager - News Operations
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Sales and Business Development
News, the app that collects all the stories you want to read, is powered by Apple News Format, which allows publishers to craft beautiful editorial layouts and custom typography. The News Operations team provides support, guidance and training to help publishers make the most of their content on the platform.
- Strong people skills and a knack for problem solving
- Impeccable written and verbal communication
- Experience preparing and reviewing technical documentation
- Experience working and reporting cross-functionally
- Knowledge of web standards (CSS / HTML / Markdown)
- A passion for digital publishing and experience with Content Management Systems
- Strong presentation skills
We forge strong and lasting relationships with publishers of all sizes, from multinationals to indies. It is the job of the News Operations team to take the latest updates to Apple News Format from Apple engineering directly to publisher development teams, offer support and gather feedback. With a monthly release cycle, you will need to stay on top of product development, work cross-functionally to keep all teams abreast of updates and effectively translate all this for an external audience. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, have an eye for detail and be customer focused. You will have a strong understanding of current web publishing standards and feel confident providing feedback to external project managers. You may also be required to create and deliver presentations to internal and external audiences, both in Cupertino and on the road.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in communication, technology or other related field required
- This role will require international travel, fluency in a second language a bonus.
- This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- The position will remain open until 29 July 2020.