Senior Engineering Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
- Several years of experience as a Software Engineering Manager for a large scale and multifaceted solutions.
- Leading and developing geographically dispersed teams across multiple timezones.
- Experience in architecting, engineering and running high efficiency, low latency, distributed systems with industry leading levels of quality and reliability.
- Implementing and assuring industry-leading build quality processes and practices.
- Designing and engineering for operational excellence in reliability, run & maintain (including monitoring, telemetry and production support).
- Cloud architecture and experience of migrating complex, highly integrated solution to cloud platforms is an advantage.
- Excellent Multi-functional partnership and leadership skills.
- Strong business acumen with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates unwavering levels of personal ownership, accountability and dedication.
- Day-to-day leadership of your on and off-shore Engineering teams, with a focus on delivering outstanding results, teamwork and innovation. - Developing succession planning in your team. - Taking ownership for the overall planning and execution of complex technical projects (using Agile practices) by providing initial and detailed estimates, managing resources, communication to senior management and other stakeholders. - Driving innovation with your business partners, demonstrating the art of the possible through technological enablement. - Making sure that the engineering team approaches all the stages of design, development and operations with a security-first approach. - Driving the development of a robust and reliable platform by making sure the team follows the processes, testing and quality assurance. - Ensuring that the infrastructure and software have the necessary logging, telemetry and alerting capabilities to enable timely 24/7 operations and support. - Managing the complexity and making intelligent technology choices is one of the critical aspects of this role.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in a Computer Science or related Engineering field would be beneficial but not essential for candidates who are an excellent match for the above skills and experience.