Apple Media Products (AMP) - Software Data Engineer - Machine Learning
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
Apple is looking for a strong Software Data Engineer with Machine Learning experience for our Apple Media Products (AMP) division to build and maintain highly scalable data pipelines and systems. The role involves building and engineering large scale, robust and resilient big data pipelines. AMP is responsible for services including App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV+, Podcasts, and Book Store. Our services reach hundreds of millions of customers around the globe, and have revolutionized how we interact with digital media. Our Engineering team is looking for hardworking, performance-savvy, engineers to build out the big data platform and services which power many of these customer features — existing and new.
- Experience with pipelines and architectures that support deployment of machine learning algorithms and production applications
- Proven understanding and experience in data warehousing, data modelling and data structures.
- Experience implementing and supporting highly scalable data systems and services.
- Prior experience working with big data technologies and distributed systems (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
- Proficiency working in Scala, Java, SQL and Python
- Experience with streaming technologies including Kafka, Kinesis a plus
- Knowledge of PIIs and GDPR compliance to meet privacy standards a plus
This is your opportunity to help engineer highly visible global-scale systems with petabytes of data, supporting hundreds of millions of users. Successful candidates will have strong engineering and communication skills, as well as, a belief that data driven processes lead to phenomenal products. You will need to have a real passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems. This role includes elements both of ad hoc analysis as well as roll up of production grade data feeds. This role also includes an essential thread of data privacy and security. This is a rare opportunity to join a focused team and work collaboratively with other groups to make a significant impact
Education & Experience
A graduate degree relevant to software engineering or equivalent experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.