Business Development Manager, Accessories, UK&I, London
Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organisation generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. To realise this goal, we build relationships, develop partner capabilities and programs—at all levels from tactical to strategic. We collaborate closely with internal and external partners to craft plans that scale the business and adoption of the Apple ecosystem. In order to help out partners maximise their potential, we are seeking an Accessories Business Development Manager who can create best in class experiences for Apple customers through our partner channels.
- Strong Retail Sales experience,. Experience in Telecommunications, or Consumer Electronics industries preferred.
- Ability to inspire, influence and collaborate across a wide range of functions and organisational levels & the ability to influence by telling a compelling story.
- Proven experience succeeding in complex, cross-functional projects.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Excellence in translating complexity into an easy-to-understand story.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills; attention to detail and excellent follow-through. Ability to take the initiative, anticipate needs and exercise independent, sound judgment.
- Advanced analytical skills, including the ability to build, augment, and validate complex analyses.
- Good knowledge of the strategic priorities of resellers, combined with a strong understanding of consumer preferences and behaviour.
- Strong communication & presentation skills with gravitas & senior level presence.
- A self starter with strong organisation skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Willing to take action and enjoy working independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You will lead the Apple Branded Accessory, AirPods and Apple Watch business in the UK, by defining & executing a clear strategy within the UK channel. The Business Development Manager for Accessories will be responsible for hitting and exceeding sales targets by selling the vision of Apple Branded Accessories, AirPods & Apple Watch to key resellers (Retail, Carrier and beyond), by owning & driving the journey from pitch to close. This will include defining the UK country strategy & the implementation of that strategy at an account level. This will be driven by senior level engagement, both internally and externally, providing assortment, placement, and consumer offer recommendations, and navigating cross-functional teams to ensure timely and successful launch of new partner programs. You will be required to work very closely with local Account Executives and Carrier Managers to define opportunities & build deep partnerships, accelerate sell through, & ensure Apple channel partners understand the value, & share the vision of the Apple branded accessories opportunity. To support this effort, the Business Development Manager for Accessories will also work with the Country Sales Leadership team, Reseller Operations, CCC Management, Finance & Legal to define & execute the local strategy, design unique offers & incentive programs, develop essential channel assets, handle supply forecasting & availability, & ensure the successful & impactful launch of new products through retail, online and call centres. There will be regular business updates with the UK, EMEA & WW Accessories teams to ensure alignment on strategy & execution, so a sound knowledge of UK market dynamics & competitive environment will be a key attribute, combined with strong presentation skills & compelling articulation & engaging storytelling. The individual will evangelise the Apple-branded Accessory opportunity & be able to lead the business with multiple partners in the UK. They will design, recommend, and negotiate assortments of key accessory SKUs for each partner & articulate compelling placement and merchandising strategies to partners, as well as developing demand generation strategies by designing unique Consumer offers. Prepare Keynote slides & Excel analyses to support sales initiatives. Track progress & provide regular reports to the country/EMEIA leadership team & WW Accessories Team. Enthusiastically build relationships within Apple & with Channel partners to drive engagement with Accessories, & rapidly grow the business.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters Degree (preferred)
- Fluent in English (both written & spoken).