Strategic Sourcing Manager, APAC
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is seeking world-class procurement and/or operations talent to support Apple’s worldwide Closed Loop initiative. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with thorough knowledge in procurement and operations, vendor development, and project management across complex systems.
- - 5+ years of procurement and/or operations experience
- - Proven project management skills, and capable of working with interdisciplinary project teams, international partners, and suppliers
- - Knowledgeable in identifying and qualifying new supply chains, in addition to assessing and mitigating risks to the business
- - Ability to effectively work with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for sourcing — understanding tradeoffs between cost, quality, volume
- - A systems problem solver who can work through complex interconnections to identify key points of leverage to achieve desired business objectives
- - Strong written and verbal communication skills
- - Extraordinarily thorough, quick, adaptable, and analytical
- - Able to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment, and to rapidly synthesize and communicate findings to senior leaders
- - Must be a self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- - Passion for environmental and sustainability practices, especially recycling and conservation of finite resources
Apple’s worldwide Procurement organization drives, develops and establishes the business relationship between Apple’s Design & Engineering teams and our suppliers. Its Operations Environmental Initiatives team is seeking an experienced Strategic Sourcing Manager or Procurement Professional to develop a supply base to support closed loop supply chain goals. The APAC-based candidate will be responsible for developing recycled material supply as well as reverse supply chains. The role requires deep operations and vendor management experience to create scalable and reliable reverse supply chains. The position will collaborate extensively with Operations, Apple Recycles, Environmental Technologies, EHS, SR, customs and Government Affairs to understand the impacts, barriers and opportunities with existing and future recycling partners. The role requires a driven, independent, analytical individual who wants to promote innovation and manage complex international business relationships.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS Degree
- - Creative and analytical problem solver
- - Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English. Chinese language preferred but not required.
- - Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (15% time)