Camera Test Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
We are looking for an in-region Camera Test Engineer responsible for camera test technology development and production test Implementation. The base location is flexible among countries that have an Apple office. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
- Knowledge of GRR, machine buy-off, correlation required
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experienceGood fundamental EE skills
- Experience with prototyping solutions, image processing, camera testing methodology and production-level testing environments
- ME background or experience working with camera tester sockets, fixtures and auto-handlers
- Matlab programming skills and data analysis experience using Matlab/JMP
- Familiar with CMOS image sensor
- Proficient in both oral and written English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and excellent judgment
Duties include developing production-ready test methodology and software (including image quality, electrical and optical testing) for camera system/module/component performance evaluation including CMOS sensor pixel, lens quality, actuator system, and illumination technologies. The applicant should be familiar with megapixel CMOS image sensor technology, photographic lens selection and qualification, imager interfacing and tuning, implementation of camera systems in mobile products, have a solid understanding of image sensor operation and Control, and be familiar with digital imaging pipeline and algorithm. In addition, the applicant needs to understand how to implement high precision and high-volume camera module test, including GRR, audit, and correlation.
Education & Experience
BS/MS Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics, or equivalent
- 75% travel to both Apple Cupertino and suppliers' facilities across Asia will be required for testing development and production bring up.