RTL Design Engineer - Graduate
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Apple’s GPU Hardware Tech team are responsible for the outstanding graphics in Apple’s chips which power everything from Apple Watch and Apple TV to iPhone and iPad. We have unique career opportunities for grads interested in applying their hardware and software knowledge towards developing Apple’s cutting-edge GPUs. We’re looking for those with talent and ambition to innovate the way we design graphics processors, to provide the next technological leap and improve customer experiences in areas like real-time graphics, VR/AR, parallel computing and deep learning, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best. As part of the RTL Design Team you will have responsibility in delivering high quality graphics IP in order to meet performance, feature, timing, area and power goals. We will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with experienced Design Engineers, as well as work alongside our GPU platform architecture, functional verification, and physical design teams responsible for our GPU products.
- Undergraduate in the last year or postgraduate of a CE, EE, CS, or related field.
- Knowledgeable in modern, energy-efficient/low-power logic design techniques
- Confident with RTL design in Verilog/VHDL and understand the logic structures being inferred
- Familiarity with logic simulation & debug, logic optimisation, synthesis and timing analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ambitious and well-organised
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under tight schedules
- A sound understanding of computer architecture including one or more of the following: high-speed CMOS processor and controller blocks, cache controllers, bus-interface subsystems, integer and floating-point numeric units, digital filters, crossbar fabrics and other high-speed data-path control units
- High level understanding of GPU architecture desirable
On the RTL Design Team, you will refine micro-architectural specifications and collaborate with the architecture, physical design and verification teams to mitigate ensure potential issues as early as possible. You will implement components of the micro-architecture, targeting leading-edge technology nodes, balancing energy efficiency, performance and area constraints with project schedule, maintainability and coding elegance. You will review synthesis and power reports, root-cause and resolve timing and power issues and ensure maximal QoR throughout your design. As your design approaches functional completion, you will work closely with the verification team to ensure the design behaves as intended and is tested thoroughly and efficiently. You will also be collaborating with the physical design team, to help with any adjustments necessary to produce an optimal layout of the design, in its context.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your final year of your BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD.
- Some international travel required.