PR Manager - App Store
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
At Apple, we share the mission of making hardware, software and services that help people make the world a better place. The App Store is a powerful example of this mission in practice — in its contributions to our communities, economies, and the daily lives of people across Europe and around the world. Since the launch of the App Store, an entire industry has been built around app design and development, generating over 1,570,000 jobs across Europe. The App Store, with nearly 2 million apps, is now available in 175 countries, 40 languages and 45 currencies! In the EU, the App Store is undoubtedly strengthening and deepening the digital single market: it massively reduces barriers to trade for all European developers to reach European and global audiences. We are currently seeking a PR Manager to join our European communications team and help us tell the story of the App Store and how it has helped tens of thousands of independent developers across Europe realize their dreams, and large developers bring innovative, quality apps to their customers!
- You are self-motivated, possess a positive team-player attitude and are passionate about consumer technology.
- You have extensive experience in media relations and have developed a strong network of high level media contacts.
- You are a dedicated self-starter who demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and detailed project management skills.
- Proven ability to understand business challenges and formulate effective communications strategies that support the audience needs and business goals.
- Great experience in handling multiple projects and working in a highly regulated environment.
- Strong ability to grow internal relationships, work effectively within cross-functional teams and lead through ambiguity.
- Strong learning agility; able to listen, learn and apply insights in changing conditions.
- 10+ years experience in public relations, journalism, PR agency or corporate settings.
- Fluency in English required.
This role will work with the App Store and Developer Relations teams to promote the countless European developer stories which showcase the enormous positive impact of the App economy in Europe and beyond. Leveraging key Apple values as well as industry data, the PR Manager will focus on crafting and delivering effective public relations plans promoting these stories to key stakeholders including media, influencers and trade bodies. The candidate will play a critical role helping developers tell their stories and incorporating these into a broader communications strategy. The candidate will help address legislative enquiries and support these with tailored messaging and communications strategies. Finally, the successful candidate will have the ability to collaborate with many internal and external partners to drive positive coverage across Europe.