Product Safety Lab Intern
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
This position is offered in Apple's Product Safety Engineering department within Apple's Product Integrity organization. Our mission is to ensure that Apple products are safe for our customers to use throughout the world and also stay in sync with worldwide safety requirements. Apple Product Safety is looking for an intern to join the Product Safety Test Lab team. This position, requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical skills who can supply in a complementary team environment and work independently. The successful candidate will support and execute test cases, develop and use different tools, and ensure the successful delivery of a test report.
- Under the supervision of Safety engineers, support the development and documentation of test procedures, test plans, and corresponding reports.
- Strong command of data analysis, modeling, and automation software. Strong technical writing and data analytic skills.
- Quick learner and ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with hand tools, electronic measurement equipment, scopes, and other sensors/scanning suites — e.g. digital multimeter, high-speed video, microscopes, thermocouples— are desirable.
- Strong command of iWork or MS Office efficiency tools.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with native proficiency in Mandarin-
- Chinese. Functional proficiency in English required.
- Project experience as in one of the following technologies is helpful: battery cells and or packs, PCB (e.g. SoC, Memory), and or power adapters/supplies.
The Product Safety Lab Intern is encouraged to possess the engineering skills vital for working closely with the engineering team during all aspects of the test processes. The position will involve mainly in Battery Safety testing and Field SID analysis works. Possess ability, skills, and expertise to execute tests per UL and IEC standards, or similar, under the mentorship of Safety engineers. Specify and implement test process control and data collection methods, document for data integrity and traceability. Summarize / Analyze test data across different vendors/product lines, determine patten for a safer & robust design. Data / test method visualization. Competitor intelligence including devices tear down, performance tests, execute critical safety tests, data collection/analysis/report out.
Education & Experience
Postgraduate in field of Mechanical, EE or relevant, is highly desired.