Apple Pay - Software Development Manager (Quality)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Apple Pay QE team is looking for a highly self-motivated Manager with strong QA fundamentals and prior programming/automation experience. You will manage a team of Server Quality Engineers to End-to-End Quality Engineers, to continue to improve Apple’s revolutionary mobile payment solution. You will be challenged to innovate while balancing both new feature qualification and automation requirements. You will be part of a dynamic management group who build the most amazing products in the world that our customers will love. You will have the unique and great opportunity to be part of and shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- Expertise in developing test strategies and improving process.
- A technical leader with strong expertise in:
- Server Quality Assurance validating languages such as Java, Redis, PostgreSQL, Casandra, Docker.
- Expertise supporting a variety of SDLCs.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, and well organized.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, test methodologies and tools and, passion for quality processes.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Previous software management experience preferred.
As the Software Development Manager - Quality, your team will be responsible for qualifying and automating client application primarily focussed on mobile, watch, macOS and Server Back End. Experience with testing client-server interactions should also be a core area of experience as well as the ability to access and interpret system and application level logs. This position requires a strong technical manager that can work on multiple projects at the same time and collaborate with various multi-functional teams, software engineers, management and other Apple QA teams. RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: • Improve reliability of new product development processes. • Maintain company quality standard. • Review products, processes and systems on an ongoing basis to determine where improvements can be made. • Review and maintaining test cases, evaluating and reporting quality of existing technologies and new features. • Developing automation test scripts, running tests, analyzing test results and maintaining them. • Debugging/solving issues with your team and driving them to resolution by contacting other managers. • Should be detail oriented and acting as a leader. • Passionate about Apple and delivering the best user experience to our customers.
Education & Experience
• Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.