Child Safety Counsel
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and expansive companies in the world a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. Apple seeks an experienced attorney to join the Legal and Global Security organization as Security Counsel for the Child Safety team. The position will help create and administer policies relating to child safety on our platforms, provide legal advice, and design, create and implement programs designed to support and improve child safety on our platforms in coordination with other business units. This position is based in London, and will require occasional domestic and international travel as well as some night, weekend, holiday work. This position may require reviewing sensitive material, such as sexually explicit, profane and suspected child exploitation images and/or videos.
- Extensive experience in working on child safety issues, or investigating or prosecuting matters related to child exploitation.
- Familiarity with the impact of child safety and data privacy laws in EMEIA region.
- UK or European qualification as a Solicitor or Barrister (or equivalent).
- Passionate about building effective relationships with clients and management.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills together with an ability to apply them to commercial business context and communicate, both verbal and written, in a non-technical manner.
- Self-motivated and solution driven.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment and perform under pressure.
- Sense of humour and dedication to professionalism.
- Willingness to travel.
Create policies addressing child safety issues on our platforms. Provide legal advice relating to addressing and handling child safety issues as they arise, and retain and manage outside counsel, on occasion. Develop programs to support and improve child safety on our platforms. Work collaboratively with business units to identify emerging child safety issues. Review alleged child sexual exploitation material and file reports with appropriate law enforcement, governmental and other agencies. Develop partnerships with and work with non-profit organizations and governmental organizations supporting child safety efforts. Help develop solutions for systemic issues. Engage with law enforcement authorities and regulators.