Apple Pay - Software Engineer (Core)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Why Apple? Are you in the early stages of your software engineering career and thinking about your next steps? Imagine what you could do here at Apple, a place where new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Apple Pay Server Engineering is the place to be if you are passionate about working on awesome technology that is used by millions of people every single day. As part of the Apple Pay Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to explore and contribute to a wide variety of exciting projects within Apple Pay. The London Engineering team is growing and needs more highly-motivated, hardworking, forward-thinking Developers! If you meet the key qualifications and you are ambitious, hardworking, and you want to make an impact, we'd love to hear from you.
- Demonstrable ability in modern, object-orientated programming (JVM-based, C# etc.).
- An aptitude, willingness, and drive to learn.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires collaboration with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Strong Computer Science, Engineering, Maths or Science background.
- A desire to redefine the payments industry!
• Learn how to design and develop highly reliable, scalable server platforms with attention to detail. • Become an integral part of our software development process including writing unit tests, performing code reviews etc. • Work under the mentorship of more senior engineers to develop new features and drive them through to Production. • Learn how to work effectively with multi-functional teams to develop features. ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS AN ADVANTAGE: • Experience of developing for data storage (SQL and/or NoSQL). • Experience developing high volume applications. • Payments experience. • Experience of governance/security concepts (encryption, PCI, PII etc.). • Experience of delivering to fixed milestones.
Education & Experience
• Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, Maths or Science, equivalent work experience will be considered.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.