AI/ML - Software Engineering Internship, Siri Understanding
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
As part of Apple's Machine Learning and AI team, we transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting user data. We are offering an amazing internship opportunity to work directly with our R&D team in Cambridge. Collaborate with some of the best in the business and see how we create the world's most innovative products and experiences. Our internships are a minimum of three months, you must be enrolled as a student on a Bachelor, Masters, PhD or equivalent course and be available to start no later than 1st June 2021.
- Object-oriented software design and programming
- Interest in distributed, scalable, online services
- Knowledge of Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing (NLP) is desirable
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and tooling is desirable
Our aim is to create an experience that allows you to learn without pressure, gain practical skills, build real world experience, develop a greater understanding of our industry and form valuable connections. You will join an extraordinary team, including specialist software engineers and leading machine learning practitioners who are all passionate about applying groundbreaking techniques to AI. We will partner you with a dedicated mentor who is an authority in your specialist area. You and your mentor will collaborate to design and implement an innovative solution for a problem that is meaningful. At the end of your internship, you will have the chance to meet and present your work to the AI/ML leadership. Where appropriate, there may be the opportunity to submit your work for publication at a suitable conference.
Education & Experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace