Apple Pay - Engineering Project Manager (Wallet & Payments)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Wallets & Payments Engineering is not your traditional Payments shop. We collaborate with our business partners to deliver world-class solutions powering the most innovative company. Apple Wallets & Payments Engineering infrastructure is used by hundreds of millions of customers every year in Retail stores, the Online Store, Apple Store App and iTunes. Our Payment solutions provide the technology to ensure that the company runs on Apple time. We are currently seeking an experienced project manager for our Wallets & Payments Engineering team. You will be working on the next generation of payment infrastructure for all of Apple globally. The team will provide project management leadership across multiple projects. You’ll also be responsible for managing vendors on a global basis by building strategic relationships, driving higher value, performance and efficiencies while also ensuring compliance. Enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are encouraged to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business.
- Extensive multi-functional Project Management experience to align and meet business objectives.
- Ability to deliver creative solutions to business problems.
- Ensure that technology solutions continuously meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Ability to demonstrate a proven working understanding of payment technology is a plus. Able to work in a sophisticated environment, including the ability to work across cultures and time zones.
- Comfortable in an environment of rapid change and ambiguity with the ability to make decisions while understanding the risk.
- Experience working with payment solutions vendors is a plus.
- Experience in a payments processing systems is a plus.
- Experienced at providing support to business partners during price / contract negotiations.
- Experienced working with banks is a plus.
- Experience working with POS systems is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very detail oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision while maintaining a high level of efficiency.
• Provide project management, analysis, documentation, and support of quality payment solutions. • Participate in research on potential payment solutions with business partners. • Coordinate payment projects from requirements capturing through system implementation. • Build a positive relationship with the business partners for the successful deployment of payment solutions. • Provide ongoing direction and analysis of payment trends and opportunities.
Education & Experience
• BS or higher in a technical field or meaningful experience. • PMP Certification preferred.
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.