PR Manager, Corporate Communications, UK
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
At Apple, we share the mission of making hardware, software and services that help people make the world a better place. We care about what we do, and believe Apple is a force for good. Apple is a company full of ground-breaking ideas and innovative people, who are also committed to upholding the highest moral, legal and ethical standards in everything we do. We believe technology can serve humankind's deepest values and highest aspirations. Protecting individuals’ privacy, promoting diversity and inclusivity, providing products that educate, and are accessible to all needs, are fundamentals within our business. We are currently seeking a PR Manager to join our European corporate communications team and help us advise the world about Apple and the values that drive our company. This role will work with us in developing and implementing strategic plans to actively communicate Apple’s contribution to Europe and wider society, focused on key areas such as our economic contribution, education, customer privacy, and environmental leadership.
- You are self-motivated, possess a positive team-player attitude and passionate about consumer technology.
- You have extensive experience in media relations and have developed a strong network of high level media contacts.
- You have strong people management and influencing skills.
- You are a self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills and detailed project management skills.
- Proven ability to understand business challenges and formulate effective communications strategies that support the audience needs and business goals.
- Phenomenal experience working in a highly regulated environment and with government affairs, legal and business governance teams.
- Able to work with ambiguity and on sophisticated topics across multiple jurisdictions.
- Skilled in multi-tasking, delivering under timelines, adapting quickly to change.
- Demonstrated ability in public relations, journalism, PR agency or corporate settings.
- Proficiency in English required.
This role will help devise and execute global communications initiatives that resonate with a European audience. Responsibilities will include strategic planning and execution, identifying and managing issues in a fast-paced environment and continuous news cycle across Europe. The successful candidate will also have a particular focus on managing media activities in the UK and Ireland to support and drive understanding of Apple’s values. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.