EHS Content Production - Studio EHS Lead
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Are you excited by the idea of making a real impact? Then a career with Apple might be your dream job! The Studio EHS Lead is responsible for overseeing and managing environmental, health and safety programs at Apple Studio productions and facilities, including ensuring that our studio locations are in compliance with all applicable studio and governmental safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience environmental, health and safety affairs management
- Experience in managing teams and programs in the motion picture and television studio environment with a good understanding of the production process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt and special effects techniques, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Great teammate with an ability to supervise several projects in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional leadership skills and a self-starter with ability to prioritize and respond accordingly
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent manners
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, Excel.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of EHS international regulatory landscape and US Federal, regional and local fire/life safety, health & safety and environmental regulations.
- Experience in acquiring permits from fire, safety, air, water and waste regulatory agencies
Lead the implementation of corporate environmental, safety and health programs at Apple studios by developing strategies to achieve and maintain compliance and minimize the risk of injury/illness Hire, develop and manage EHS Site Leads responsible for EHS compliance at each Apple studio location Interpret applicable country, national, state and local regulatory requirements applicable to each Apple studio operation Develop EHS goals and landmarks and supervise key performance indicators to ensure EHS programs are attaining maturity targets Collaborate on EHS due diligence and risk assessment processes involving Apple studio leasing real estate initiatives, and provide technical input into construction planning and review construction drawings to incorporate safety &environmental principals and ensure compliance Ensure critical fire/life safety systems are inspected and maintained at the facilities Ensure specific health & safety compliance programs to meet and anticipate regulatory requirements - including, but not limited to: Construction Safety, Confined Space Entry, Hazard Communication, Hot Work, Lockout Tagout, D.O.T. Transportation, Fall Protection, Personal Protective Equipment, Powered Lift Truck Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Lead & Asbestos, Hazardous Materials & Waste Management, Air and Water Pollution Prevention Compliance Programs, and all associated inspections and required training Ensure the distribution of applicable corporate EHS compliance programs and training to the studios Assists in investigations into safety or medical related incident as required Oversee Workers Compensations injury and illness case management Assists in the investigation or assessment into any environmental complaints and recommends corrective actions and/or preventative measures Conduct site assessments to assess compliance levels and conformance to company policies. Prioritizes corrective actions plans and conduct follow-ups on corrections regarding areas of potential non-compliance Build and maintain positive relationships with key partners, Site EHS Leads, studio customers and outside regulatory agencies Lead all aspects of the submittals of required regulatory reports and permits at each studio location Manage environmental, health & safety consulting services as needed Perform regular inspections and audits to verify adherence to corporate programs and regulatory compliance Develop and maintain effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, representatives and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate Domestic and international travel will be required, including occasional trips with little prior notice. Perform related special project assignments as requested.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in safety management, industrial hygiene, science, or relevant field MS Degree preferred Certifications / Special Training a plus: ASSP Certificated Safety Professional ABIH Certified Industrial Hygienist Cal-OSHA, Certified Asbestos Building Inspector OSHA 40-hr Certified - Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response OSHA Certified Fall Protection proficient