AI/ML - Voice Building Engineer (French), Siri Understanding
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
On the Siri Text-to-Speech team, you'll play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction by contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. You'll build groundbreaking technology for large-scale systems involving: Spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. Plus, you'll work alongside the people who created Siri, the intelligent assistant who helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. The Siri Text-to-Speech team is looking for exceptionally skilled and creative Engineers eager to get involved in hands-on work to improve the overall Siri experience.
- Fluent French
- Experience building, testing, and tuning pronunciation, normalization and/or other text processing models
- Ability to implement experiments using scripting languages (Python, bash) and tools written in C/C++
- Solid Understanding or experience working with standard ML algorithms and toolkits
- Solid understanding of phonetic notation such as IPA, SAMPA or CMU
- Ability to create, analyze and optimize voice talent recording scripts and other text corpora for areas such as phonetic and prosodic coverage
- Proven experience working in text-to-speech, speech recognition or related fields
The Siri Text-to-Speech team is looking for Voice Building Engineers to take part in building the voice of Siri. You'll develop and fine-tune ML models used in TTS text processing and backend TTS models for Siri voices. You'll also analyze errors and use your high-quality analysis to develop systemic issues on Siri voices in particular locales. Lastly, you'll implement your ideas directly in our TTS engine or tools. Hundreds of millions of users will experience your contributions through more natural and expressive Siri voices on Apple products.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Phonetics or professional experience in related field
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace