Apple Cloud Services - Site Reliability Engineering Manager (SRE)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a Manager, SRE in iCloud, you'll be an on a team whose mission is to build and improve Apple's most critical internet services. We're looking for hardworking and passionate people to join this amazing team. If you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you! You will be an accomplished builder and leader of high-performance SRE teams, ready to seek your next challenge. This role will position you to help craft the future of how we build and run our services with massive impact on a global scale. You will have the technical chops to go deep, yet retain the ability to focus on higher-level business and product goals. We hire high quality engineers with a diverse set of experiences and skill sets for positions on Apple’s primary cloud offering: Cloud Services. The best candidates will have both proven Software Development skills and strong Linux / Systems expertise. Our customers count on us to provide extraordinary availability, scalability and security for services. If you are hungry to positively influence millions of people’s experience of Apple, this is the job for you. You know SRE and you know what it will take to run services at Apple scale with a high degree of operational perfection. As an SRE in Cloud Services, you'll be on a team of DevOps warriors whose mission it is to build and improve Apple's most critical internet services. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Experience building and leading technical teams.
- Strong emphasis on SRE as an engineering discipline with a focus on automation.
- Superb interpersonal skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management.
- Proven project management skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- You are capable of writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Experience supporting infrastructure and services in *nix and public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.).
- Experience building and supporting containerised application technologies including Docker, kubernetes.
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Perl/Go for building automation or integration with APIs.
- Understanding of network, routing protocols and how to run edge Internet facing services (BGP, ECMP).
Cloud Services runs are big. You will lead teams operating global services handling the requests of hundreds of millions of Apple customers. This kind of scale presents unique challenges. SRE teams at Apple own the full infrastructure stack; from device driver performance debugging to content delivery network traffic management, Your responsibilities will be both broad and deep. Your team will embody the "Startup" mentality; fostering a strong entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a better solution to a problem; document a strategy for improvement, advocate for your strategy through persuasion and socialisation efforts, then carry it through to completion. Good ideas are heard and results are rewarded. You will use all of your talent to deliver and assure the high availability and performance of our services that our customers deserve.
Education & Experience
• BS or higher in a technical field or meaningful experience.
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.