CAD Engineer - Infrastructure and Queue Admin
Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Multifaceted, phenomenal and inspiring people, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist? In this highly visible role, you will provide multi-site, multi-team design support as part of the Infrastructure CAD Team. Technical areas of responsibility include compute-farm queuing software maintenance and management, support for vendor license integration, forecasting of hardware and software needs, and developing software and databases for metric tracking. Additional responsibilities include working with CAD Engineers to optimize tool-flows and regression suites.
- - Typically requires at least 10+ years of industry experience.
- - Proficient scripting skills in Python, Perl, TCL or Shell.
- - Expert-level knowledge of server queuing systems (GE, LSF, NC).
- - Experience integrating tool-flows into a batch/interactive queuing system.
- - Experience driving web-based reporting and data visualization.
- - Experience with SQL database administration and queries.
- - Exposure to vendor license management and syntax.
- - Exposure to configuration management tools (Perforce, GIT).
- - Ability to handle a high engineering support load and co-ordinate with multiple users and management across multiple teams.
- Co-ordinate, manage and support compute-farm queuing software for multiple teams at multiple sites. - Triage and troubleshoot user issues related to queue job submissions - Provide real-time and historical reports for queuing usage/metrics and compute data at all sites. - Optimize compute-farm queue configurations for license/resource usage and integration with tool-flows and regression suites. - Work with tool vendors to make job and license allocation more efficient. - Maintain and update tool wrappers, module-files and environment files. - Oversee EDA tool installation – assist with flow integration. - Create and maintain scripts and automation for infrastructure support.
Education & Experience
- BS or MS Degree in EE/CS or a technical discipline
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.