Apple Media Products (AMP) Full Stack Software Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for a hardworking, passionate and driven engineer to be part of a team that manages configuration infrastructure behind Apple Media Products client and services. The AMP configuration services team is responsible for driving tools and frameworks that are used by our client and server teams. Alongside other engineers in this space, you will help innovate and improve the architecture and efficiency of Apple Media Services. You will help us as we continue to expand our global services availability and presence.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science including statistics and algorithms
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams
- Ability and desire to innovate, influence, encourage not only your team but other teams you will be working closely with
- Expertise in building web applications and services, developing REST APIs
- Significant experience in software development including significant Java skills
- Experience re-architecting existing systems to take advantage of new technologies
- A desire to work in a dynamic and meaningful work environment
- Understanding of key cloud technologies and infrastructure like Docker, S3 and other cloud based functions
- Solid object-oriented design techniques and reusable component design
- Solid analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
We are looking for a self-starting, energetic individual with very strong leadership and technical capabilities to join the AMP Configuration Services team. The AMP configuration services team is responsible for driving tools and frameworks that are used by our client and server teams. This configuration drives client settings, new features, regional settings as well settings and configuration used by services running in our various data-centers. You will not be afraid to question assumptions and possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. You will need to have both the technical and interpersonal skills to articulate your ideas, as well as, influence others. Attention to detail and a perseverance to deliver a high-quality, well tested and maintainable code is a must. If you want to be part of this amazing team, this position is for you.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant proven experience preferred.