Performance Analysis Engineer
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, we enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices . In this role, you will be responsible for performance analysis and tuning of the GPU as used in a variety of Apple products. As a member of the Performance Analysis team, you will collaborate closely with other GPU Design and Software Engineers to analyse and improve the performance of Apple’s GPUs. GPU performance analysis includes all levels of its stack: architecture, micro-architecture, logic design, compiler, driver, and applications. The team innovates to rapidly develop new ways of analysing data and visualisation techniques to aid in the analysis of performance data. You will not only be responsible of providing results but also understanding the performance and proposing potential optimisations. This is a high visibility role with opportunity to influence performance across the GPU and have far reaching impact for a variety of Apple products.
- Architecture knowledge of at least, one of the main SoC components (GPU, CPU, Interconnect, Memory hierarchy).
- Strong hardware and software debug skills.
- Strong data analysis skills: able to relate performance data to HW architecture and behaviour.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Ability to work well in a multi-site team, capable of planning your own tasks, estimate deadlines and meet schedules.
- Excellent communications skills, and be self-motivated and well organised
- Knowledge on hardware design.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: - Analyse GPU performance from micro benches to real life content (games, pro-apps etc.). - Interact with architecture, software and hardware engineers to identify bottlenecks and propose solutions - Develop studies to validate GPU performance.
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc/BEng/PhD in a related field
- DESIRABLE SKILLS
- - Previous experience in performance analysis of complex systems and understanding trade-offs
- - Experience in GPU architecture
- - Experience on system verilog and simulation/emulation tools