Senior Manager, Sales Training & Enablement Manager, London
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the Apple direct contact to our largest customers. We are looking for a Sales Training Manager who will be responsible for leading both the Consumer and Enterprise Sales Training programs for the EMEIA Sales organisation, partnering closely with the central business teams, the country teams and the Worldwide people & advocacy teams to develop strategic training initiatives for the geos. Using the data and insights available, the Sales Training Manager will plan, develop, co-ordinate, deploy and track Sales Training programmes to Apple Channel Partners across the EMEIA region. Key to this role is the ability to apply your analytical skills to the available data and metrics. This must be coupled with an innovative yet practical approach to a fragmented partner landscape and a drive to achieve the highest quality execution. This person will represent the region at all global forums relating to Sales Training, and assist the region to identify and implement the standard methodologies from other geographies, also assisting on the deployment of global capital projects. The individual will have a strong commitment to Apples values, role modelling these at all times and will focus on maintaining the right team environment and culture. A commitment to individual’s development is also important for this position in line with the overall culture of the SP&O organisation. The individual will also be expected to be a key contributor in local SP&O forums and meetings, collaborating closely with other EMEIA SP&O Senior managers.
- You will have extensive experience in implementation, execution and management of sales training for retail, consumer and/or telco programs around consumer electronics. She or he would bring deep knowledge of the retail customers, trade practices and sales training with significant direct experience.
- You will have deep experience in deploying and measuring the performance of scalable sales training programs via eLearning, classroom, and on-the-floor execution – as well as experience in leading internal and outsourced vendors to provide customized solutions for specific needs.
- You should have both strong operational and strategic experience and should have developed teams, locally and remotely based.
- Required Competences:
- You will have a combination of sales and training and program management experience, with exposure to highly operational, dynamic technology goods (FMTG) channels.
- Proven Operational process and task execution experience.
- Experience in building and analyzing targeted requirements based on identified customers needs.
- You have the ability to lead across boundaries measuring with data-driven, key performance indicators to drive perfection
- You are a strong communicator and able to train and brief either in one-to-one or one-to-many situations, especially with C level or management executives.
- You have strong negotiating skills and ability to deliver on the training strategy with the support of direct and dotted-line reports, external vendors, and the cross-functional teams.
- You like to work in a team with a proven track record of working with initiative both within and across functions.
- You also have experience with objection handling – and ability to resolve technical hurdles to adoption.
- You have an excellent time & project management skills.
- You are Self-sufficienct and get motivation with your passion of training.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and embrace change enthusiastically.
- You are definitely a creative and critical thinking professional.
Assess training needs across sales programs and audiences and make recommendations on appropriate solutions for achieving the intended sales training objectives. Innovate and constantly review processes for efficiency, scale or quality improvements. Ensure the delivery of sales training to the targeted Carrier and Channel training organizations by each local sales training team. The focus of the training will include selling skills, demonstration skills and product/solution knowledge. Assist with the development of training materials as a subject matter expert, particularly in the areas of hands-on labs, interactive role-plays, in-store strategies and all virtual training modalities. Develop and submit quarterly Sales Training delivery plans in alignment with the strategy defined by the Sales, Programs and Sales Training teams. Submit quarterly and yearly forecasts on Sales Training execution and budget estimates on cost of delivery. Engage with local and regional sales/staffing team on key issues around content needs, deployment strategies and measures of success. Implement key measures around training deployment, learner engagement, training feedback, quality of delivery, competency levels, knowledge retention and behaviour changes. Engage regularly with WW Sales Training team on audience needs, content, metrics, and deployment plans. Contribute to the worldwide forum on channel sales programs (new processes, reviews, new ideas, standard methodologies etc.) Provide the WW team with business insight to assist on the development and implementation of global capital projects impacting (examples: learning management systems, training campaigns, content design). Report weekly on key Sales Training metrics to sales, programs team and Leadership. Establish and maintain an extraordinary relationship with the country and centrally located consumer and enterprise teams. Maintain deep understanding of all sales training materials provided by Apple.
Education & Experience
BA/BS preferred, or equivalent experience