Senior Product Manager, Geo Expansion, Apple Store online
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
WE CAN CONSIDER APPLICANTS TO BE BASED IN EITHER LONDON, UK and CORK, IRE. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Apple is looking for a proven, dynamic Senior Product Manager to join the Apple Store online team. As a geo expansion Product Manager, you will be responsible for driving the online store growth into new markets. We are looking for an individual that has the ability to own and drive initiatives, a passion and vision for the future of online shopping, and the ability to deliver a customer experience worthy of the Apple brand. The right person will combine technical proficiency and analytical ability with a strong sense of user experience, diplomacy, program management skills and business acumen. You should have great presentation skills, and be able to drive a significant vision that rallies the team and delights our customers. You must also enjoy diving into the details, and have the ability to engage in problem solving with the technical development team. The successful candidate will work across regions and time zones, collaborating with worldwide and regional teams, and negotiating with external partners to ensure the best possible locally relevant shopping experience for our customers. The candidate will be skilled at seeking, filtering and incorporating information from subject matter authorities, and thrives in a fast-paced, customer focused e-commerce environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas and should be able to point to a portfolio of high quality, innovative projects that exemplify their attention to detail. - E-commerce product management, including mobile commerce - Delivery & multi-channel fulfilment programs - Payment method implementation
- 5+ years of e-commerce product management experience
- Experience with Fulfillment and affordability programs
- Experience working with globally-based de-centralised teams and launching products worldwide, including localising e-commerce experiences for new markets.
- Passionate about user experience; able to identify UX challenges, formulate and articulate design solutions, and encourage designers and engineers.
- Possess strong decision making and prioritizations skills; have experience overseeing and leading complex production schedules.
- Be able to work independently; anticipating and resolving problems.
- Have insights into modern interactive design and development standards; recognize and appreciate the differences between web-based and native app experiences.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills with both individuals, stakeholders and executives within Apple
- Strong technical background, ability to dive into the technical details is a must.
- Ability to think end-to-end, and champion the digital experience — but also understand the implications in other touch-points including Retail Stores, Distribution Centers and AppleCare
- Knowledge of Apple products and industry.
Collaborate with business partners across different organisations within Apple to define geo-expansion initiatives, liaising primarily with Online, Stores, Engineering, Design and Operations. Be the internal evangelist, build consensus with executives, colleagues, and third parties. Understand both local market expectations, and Apple’s customer demographics. Be able to translate high-level business objectives into detailed requirements for engineering and design teams. Drive development of shopping experience, payment methods and delivery options and represent business interests during design and development phases. Be the voice of the customer during product definition and development, and ensure the team is delivering a locally relevant customer experience. Work with engineering project management to communicate project status, resolve issues, and ensure that high quality products are delivered on time. Lead cross-functional schedules and report on project health to management. Develop launch plans, ensure readiness of the operations, marketing, PR, support and customer care teams. Measure and report on the efficacy of initiatives and develop action plans accordingly.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Business or Computer Science desirable.